Effingham County Courthouse
The Effingham County Courthouse was designed by Hyman Witcover, a Savannah architect and constructed in 1908. Due to the historical significance of the building, the design team of Hussey, Gay, Bell and Greenline Architecture analyzed the architectural character of the building and followed the Secretary of the Interior Standards for Historic Preservation in renovating the structure. Much of the building, along with the courtroom, was restored to its 1908 appearance. The building achieved LEED Gold certification with the USGBC.
LEED Gold Certified
Historic Structure Report
Guidance in Planning Process &
Counsel for Preservation Integrity
Historic Research Consultants
Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation Excellence in Rehabilitation