St. John's Episcopal Cranmer Hall
Built in the 1950’s, the classroom building and social hall of St. John’s Episcopal Church was designed in the International Style with details from the University Gothic Style, popular for educational buildings at the time. The redesign of this building called for a new exterior that was inspired by the Gothic Revival Style of the sanctuary across the street. The existing window placements were retained to reduce construction costs, and the exterior walls were clad with stucco.
The entryway was adorned with a beautiful handcrafted stained glass window designed by Father Michael Carreker, Rector of St. John’s.
Greenline worked on the transformation of this window classroom structure to a three-story building in keeping with the historic church structure. Programming meetings and budget cost estimates were part of the project’s early phases. Project complexities included Historic Review Board process and construction site in limited urban setting.
Third Story Addition
New Exterior Design
Full Architectural Services
Historic Review Board Process
2005 Historic Savannah Foundation Preservation Award